Sunday, January 8, 2017

Holiday

Hi guys!
It's been a long time since the last time I wrote here, I guess?
Well, today is my first day going back to school after a nice year-end holiday. I truly enjoy my holiday because i can be relaxed, happy, and do things that i can't do when i'm at school.

   This year's holiday is different than last holidays. I celebrated Christmas in Bandung. So, I attended the Christmas church service in my church, GKJ. Usually, I celebrate Christmas in Sleman, Yogyakarta, my dad's hometown. It was because I have to wait until 23rd of December to receive my report card and confirm if I have to attend short semester. Thankfully I don't have to attend short semester so I can go to Surakarta and Sleman.
   So, I went to Surakarta on 27th of December by train. It took 8 hours to arrive there. The train was very-very cold. My dad said that it might be an additional Harina carriage. Harina carriage is known as a very cold carriage. I got off the train on 6pm in Stasiun Balapan. My family took a cab to the hotel, Lor In Dwangsa. We were so tired. After we had our dinner, we went to sleep.
   The next day, I woke up at 6am when my mom called me. The ringtone was so loud that it woke me up. So, me and my little sister washed our face and went to the restaurant to eat breakfast.
   After breakfast, me and my sister went to swim. My sister called her school friend who's also staying in Surakarta, to come and swim with us. So, her school friend came with sister and swam with us. I actually know her sister because she was my junior in elementary school. We had a lot of fun that we swam for three hours. After swimming, we were so tired so we decided to take a short nap. After waking up, we went to Solo Square to buy dinner.
   At 6pm, my aunt and my cousins arrived at the hotel. They are from Tangerang and my aunt was the one who recommended the hotel to my family. After they checked in we went to wedangan. We bought nasi liwet and wedang ronde. Then we went back to the hotel and rested.
   The next day, I swam again but this time me and my sister swam with my little cousin and my niece. My cousin is 6 years old and my niece is 4 years old so they're still very young and cute. They're the ones who always brings up the spirit in our family.
   Then, we checked out at 1 pm. We went to my bude's house. Bude is a Javanese term of the older sister of our parent, and in this case is my mom's sister. Younger sister of our parent is called bulek. Bude's house was the place where my mom and her siblings grew up. After my grandparents died, Bude Dewi still live there and the other siblings wandered to another cities.
   My days in my bude's house was very fun, although it's very, VERY hot. It was because my mom has many siblings and they're all so loud and fun. The price of food there is very cheap so they're like, all-you-can-eat. We ate like 5 times in a day. We went to this market, then this stall, that shop, we ate everything and it was so fun. At night, me, my sister, my cousins, and my bulek played uno cards and we were so loud so my 6 years old cousin said loudly, "These kids are so loud!"
   But the new year celebration this year was bland. Usually, we would grill fishes and sang all night but my pakde (Javanese term of older brother of our parent) was in the hospital, taking care of his daughter that have caught a fever.
   On January 1, we went to Yogyakarta. We stayed in my grandmother's home. The next day, me, my mother and my sister went to Malioboro. On January 2, we went back home by train.

No comments:

Post a Comment