Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Dewa Athena

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since the last time I wrote here. I hope you enjoy reading my new story!
Dewa Athena

Day 1
     Dewa Athena was held on Saturday, 25th of March 2017, Dewa Athena is an sports meet event for the students of SMAN 3 Bandung. It was held in Lapangan Bali, the place where we usually do sports.
     Dewa Athena started on 7.30. The 10th grader gathered on the basketball field. The 11th grader's sports meet was already held on March 23-24, so it's just us the 10th grader here. We sat in rows and my class, X MIPA 8, was the most noticeable of all classes. It was because of our jersey. While the other classes wear black, white, maroon, or navy, our jersey's color is the most 'exciting' out of every class because our color is bright neon-ish pink! Even the boys were embarrassed of it but they got used of it after a while.
     Our first competition was 'gobak sodor'. We walked to soccer field to compete. We watched the competition between IPA 3 and IPA 10 before our turn. When our turn came, we competed against IPA 9. We prioritized the ones who are members of KPA because they have to go and they can't compete in other competitions. Luckily, we won this competition.
     After gobak sodor, we had a lot of free time so me and my friends went to eat 'brunch'. We ate chicken then we went back to Lapangan Bali to compete in futsal. The game was in the basketball field. We were against IPA 2. Even though IPA 2 had a lot of supporters, we managed to win. That means. we have to compete in the finals.
     Then, we competed in dodgeball. We were against IPA 2, too. It was held in the ward. But this time, we didn't win. Well, we weren't really sad because that means we don't have to compete again in the finals. Yes, we were too lazy to move.
     After dodgeball, we walked to the soccer field again to compete in the 'tug of war' or tarik tambang in Indonesian. We were against IPA 7. After covering our hands with flour, we proceeded to pull the rope. After a to be honest not-really-hard struggle, we managed to win again!
     The next competition was volleyball. None of us are good in volleyball so we just sent whoever wanted to play because we really didn't want to "wo". I didn't watch the game but somehow we won again. So, we have to play in the finals, too. I really think we have a great chance to be the champion.
     We were going to wait until 2pm to compete in the futsal final. Fortunately, the person in charge for our class said the competition was postponed until next week so we could go home at that time, yay! So, we went home safely after a fun and exhausting day.

Day 2
     The second part of Dewa Athena was held on Saturday, 1st of April 2017. I arrived early because my class was scheduled to compete at 7 am. I should've known the committee would be late, as usual. They started the game at 8 am. I wonder when will any event here do things just right as the schedule given. So, I didn't play today and watched my friends compete in futsal against X IPA 10, and we actually won! The score was awesome, too. It was 5-0 and my friend did a hat trick.
     After futsal, we went to the soccer field to compete in another tug of war. In the first round we lose because the land we're standing was slippery. It was because of the mud so some of us fell. In the second round we switched position so our opponent, X IPS, lose. Before the third round started, both of the team protested so we changed place. In the end, my class won. This brought us to the final of 10th graders. Then we walked to the ward to watch the boys' dodge ball competition. Unfortunately, my class lost.
     At 9 am, me and my fellow Christian friends have to go to the school to attend the religion class. I missed a few games my class played but it's okay. After the class, I helped my art club to install the decoration for turbud. After we're done, we went back to Lapangan Bali. There weren't that much people at that time because most of them already went home.
     The last game for our class this day was volley. It was really fun. My class are the best supporter. We wore pink and followed the team every time the team switched position. Thank God, we won again! So, after the volley game, we went home.

Day 3
     The third part of Dewa Athena was held on Saturday, 8th of April 2017. It was the last day of Dewa Athena. But before the actual Dewa Athena started, there was an event named Paman Gober, the abbreviation of Penanaman dan Gowes Bersama. The event started early in the morning. At 6.30 am I was already at school to borrow a bicycle because bringing my own bicycle will be too much of a work. I arrived early, hoping I will get a bicycle because someone said that it was first arrived first get, turns out there were still a lot of bicycle when I arrived.
     After picking out a bicycle me and my friends went to Lapangan Bali. At 8 am, I guess, we started cycling. Our first route was we were going to SMAN 14 to plant trees. After that we went back to school, but the route was much longer. We actually went to BKR street to Karapitan then we finally arrived. Our butts were so tired and hurt. When we arrived at the school we rested a bit before going back to Lapangan Bali.
     In the Lapangan Bali, we started the Dewa Athena again and yes, it started late. Our first game this day was gobak sodor. We were against X IPA 4 but we lost. We were quite angry because the referee wasn't fair. After gobak sodor, our next game was relay. Unfortunately, we lost against X IPA 7.
     The next game was tug of war. We were against X IPA 4 again so this was a revenge match, I guess? And we finally won! Yes, our class was the best in strength department because of the boys. After that we were against 11th graders so we lost.
     Then, we have to wait for the final of volleyball. It was delayed for several hours so I didn't get to watch it because I had to go to the church. Unfortunately, we lost.
     Dewa Athena was fun overall, It has made our class more solid and awesome.








Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment