Sunday, September 18, 2016

Megantara

MEGANTARA
    Hi everyone It's me again heheh. I'm back with a story about Megantara! :)

    This year's SMAN 3 Bandung's culture festival is named Megantara. Unlike the last 2 culture festivals, Matswapati and Gamarvani, Megantara covers Indonesia's culture. There are stands for each island's representative culture.
     I was one of the committee in decoration division. Me and my team in the subdivision built the entry aisle. The concept of the aisle is an ancient cave. We built the cave just a day before Megantara so we really worked hard.
     The day of Megantara, i arrived in Lapangan Bali at 6am, only to find the cave is broken. The papers that covered the cave was scattered on the ground. The last night was raining so the glue was washed away by the water. Our subdivision was frustrated but we immediately fixed the cave and it became even better.
     Before the open gate, me and my friend explored the venue. It was nice and well-decorated. There were many food stands so i promised to myself that i have to buy many snacks that day and get fat. After exploring, we walked back to the cave to check on the cave and ask the coordinator if there were any job that we could do. The coordinator said we could look for leaves so it would give more accent.
     So, me and my friend looked for leaves at Lapangan Bali. We collected the leaves and gave those to our coordinator. The coordinator then suggested that we should spread more leaves so me and my friend went to The Centrum and collected leaves there. After we collected many leaves, we spread the leaves throughout the cave. The result was quite nice.
     After that, we had to make sure that the cave was finished because there would be some guests. Fortunately it was finished and had no problem. Then, me and my friends went outside the Lapangan Bali to look at the parade. The performance of Reog was great and the kindergarten kids are adorable. I met my friends and talked with them too. After that we went back to the cave and our team said the reaction of the cave was quite nice.
     Then the cave was broken by some mischievous kids. Of course we can't really blame them because they're just kindergarten kids but we're quite mad. We immediately fixed the papers and told the kids nicely to not touch the papers. Their parents that were taking photos of them said sorry and i said it's not a big problem.
     Then me and my friends played around the venue until open gate. When the open gate people outside started entering the venue. Their reaction was nice, too. Some people said it feels like you're really inside a cave. Some people even said they thought it was a haunted house so we just laughed dryly.
      After that we went around again and just played. Sometimes we came back to the cave to check it. There were some problems that day. First, the cloth near the ward was off so we have to fix them but it was hard, so we held on it so it wouldn't hit the visitors. We also greeted the visitors while on it. Then we became bored and just hooked the cloth. The visitors looked like they had no problem with that, anyway.
     Second problem is the bamboo that supported the cave was accidentally kicked a few times by the committees so it was off. We reported it to the seniors so they came to help and fixed it. A senior then have an idea to hook the cave with a wire so the cave won't collapse. Then we helped him and after that, the cave didn't have much problem anymore.
     The time went by so fast. I just played around because i had no job but suddenly a senior asked if there are any of the committees who didn't have any job that time and want to do something, and those committees should go to him and he'll give them a job. I came to him and he assigned me to keep an eye on the Sulawesi stand, because there were some problems on the stands. After a few minutes another committees came and changed shift. I played around again and then the coordinator of decoration division asked every decoration committees to get together at the tower. The coordinator assigned every of us to guard on our decoration. Me and my friend guarded the cave for 15 minutes before changing shift. That was the end of the committee job because after that i'm totally free until evaluation at the end of the event.
     I watched the performances that night with my friends. T'sT's performance was great and funny. After that was OSD's performance, it was cool, too. And then Changcuters' performance was very energetic and they're awesome. We had some fun with them. Then it was a Jaipongan dance performance. It was graceful and pretty, i really like traditional dances. After that, it was the stage that me and my friends' had been waiting for, RAN. They were great and talented. We sang along with them and had some fun. Their song lyrics was relatable so i was feeling nice that time. Overall, they're so amazing. Yep, they're professional performers after all.
     Then the show ended. It was really late and wehn i checked on my phone, my mom called me a few times. I felt really bad because i turned off my phone when watching the performances. I called my mom back and my mom was angry. She told me to come home right away. I told her i can't because i have to attend the evaluation. But then, i just decided to obey my mom's order. I went back home just before the evaluation started. When i'm home, my mom is asleep and my dad's still awake, talking with the neighbors. Then i took a shower and quickly go to sleep because i was so tired. The next day i woke up at 12 o'clock in the afternoon:)
     That's all i guess, here are some pics from that day! (unfortunately i didn't took many pics ugh)





and here's the cave that i'm talking about
(credit to sanggarsenirupa3 instagram)

Aaand that's it! Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment